VLC for Android
VLC for Android™
Vlc media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
- Plays all files, in all formats, like the classic VLC.
- Audio and video media library, with full search and history.
- Support for network streams, including HLS and Dash.
- Support for NAS and shared drives browsing.
- Supports Android Version 2.2 (platform-8) or later.
- Supports ARMv7, ARMv8 / AArch64, MIPS and x86.
- Support Android TV.
- Support Chromebooks.
- Subtitles support, embedded and external, including ASS and DVD subtitles.
- Multi audio or subtitles tracks selection.
- Multi-core and full hardware decoding.
- Gestures, headphones control.
- Audio equalizer and filters.
- Supports secondary display.
- Supports 360 video and 3D audio.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
• It needs “draw over other apps” to start the popup menu.
• It needs “control vibration” to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs “run at startup” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used with Android TV version.
VLC for Android
One of the best ways to watch videos on your Android
VLC for Android is an application that can be used to watch videos on Android devices, in which it will let you do that and much more. Of course, you will need a device with a ARMv7 CPU to be able to enjoy the awesome tools that this application has to offer.
The application will allow you to play videos and sound files in a ton of different formats, in a way very similar to VLC. It will be very easy to explore your library where you have all your files and play them with just a touch of a finger on your screen.
The same way, the app comes with support of various tracks on one video, subtitles, auto-rotation of the screen, and screen adjustments, that you can modify by as little as three clicks! VLC for Android is a great tool to play audio and video files and therefore watching movies will be so much easier and normal on an Android device!